The Palace of Noble Ladies, used as a charity facility for derelict noble and burgher young women, was erected in 1682-1690 by the important Baroque architect Jan Křtitel Erna. In the interior a chapel with Baroque frescos has been conserved from that time. In the 1950s, the famous architect Bohuslav Fuchs reconstructed the building, damaged by bombing during the war, for museum purposes. A permanent ethnographic exhibition was presented there for a long time. Today, the premises are used for short-term exhibitions and the Children’s Museum has found there its seat.
In its stylised interior the Children’s Museum presents interactive exhibitions both for schools and general public, programmes suited to accompany school curricula and for leisure time, Saturday and holiday activities, etc.
Treasures of the Barbarians
1. 6. 2016 – 29. 1. 2017